Sales & Business Development Associate, Nairobi, Kenya
- Support the organisation in seeking and identifying new opportunities that will lead to acquiring more customers in the IT services sector.
- Devise and implement strategy and tactics to meet sales performance targets.
- Develop sales leads and drive successful sales processes across the organization to meet set targets.
- Create, negotiate and close agreements relating to specified IT services.
- Develop and manage a client roaster, complete with their profiles and related potential opportunities.
- Aid in relationship and account management for key accounts and customers.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of business development.
- Knowledge and experience with the IT services industry in Kenya and the region, specifically with respect to consulting and training at various levels: strategic, tactical and operational.
- Good knowledge and understand of key subject areas such as Information Security, Risk Management and Resilience as relates to technology.
- Demonstrated track record in business development, sales and winning new business.
- Proven track record in meeting revenue targets through leads generation.
- Show an understanding of the challenges facing the industry at present and illustrate a knowledge of the operational attention to detail that will be required to succeed within the industry.
- Proven ability to develop long-term strategic relationship with key decision-makers and players in the sector.
Education Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor degree in IT related field such as computer science, information systems, business and IT, business or finance.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of business development, sales and/or consulting.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to present to various corporate cadres including C-level executives and other management.
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines; must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with key such sectors such as Banking and Finance, NGOs and Government sectors.