Proactive Risk Management is core to organizations’ survival. Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is the Pandemic Impact Antidote
Risk management has emerged as a well-entrenched discipline that should be an important part of every organization. With changing times, however, traditional risk management techniques are not sufficient to comprehensively address organizations’ risks. Organizations need to adopt, define, implement, and maintain an enterprise risk management (ERM) approach that ensures comprehensive risk management across the organization.
ERM is a process by which organizations identify measure, manage, and disclose all key risks to enhance organizations’ value to stakeholders. ERM pertains to (a) considering risk from all sources (financial, strategic and operational); (b) measuring the integrated impact of multiple risks occurring simultaneously; (c) aggregating exposures to the enterprise level; and (d) integrating risk information into strategic planning, based on the organization’s risk appetite.
This course draws from leading practices as captured in standards and application to managing risk in enterprises, including the COSO framework, ISO 31000, and ISO 22301, ISO9001:2015 among others.
Expose participants to existing and emerging practices in ERM, specifically:
- Examine the “why, what, when, how and who” aspects of ERM
- Establish the relevance of ERM and ERM practices in an enterprise
- Develop practical steps towards ERM management systems in your enterprise
- Demonstrate how to plan, develop and implement an Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Discuss risk-based approach in ISO9001:2015 and demonstrate tools for QMS automation thereof
- Understand the why, what, when and how of risk management
- Appreciate the value of systematic approach provided by ERM in managing risk
- Know approaches and methodologies for effective ERM and ERM framework development
- Comprehend the roles & responsibilities for players for effective risk management
- Managers & senior operations personnel responsible for risk management, technology, human resource, finance, administration, facilities, etc.
- Operations personnel responsible for risk management & compliance
- Officials of public and private sectors, as well as agencies concerned with enterprise risk management
- Public relations and corporate communications managers
- The Basics of Risk and why we must care
- Risk Management: Scope & Purpose
- Risk Assessment, Analysis & Evaluation; Practical Risk Assessment, Perception & Communication
- ERM Frameworks, Standards and Practices
- ERM Corporate Governance,
- Risk modeling & Practical ERM Implementation
- ERM as corporate culture
- ISO 9001: 2015 The Risk Approach
- Reporting, Monitoring and Embedding ERM into organizational processes
- ERM Automation: Practical Demonstration of Q-Pulse
- Recording risk & risk inter-dependencies
- Risk Treatment: Controls & Financial
- Quantifying risk-related benefits
$1100 (KES 130,000) for in-class training; $500 (KES 65,000) for online classes (NB: these charges do not include taxes).
Phone No. :
+254 101 915 260
- A broad perspective on what ERM entails in an organisation.
- Detailed practical examples and very relevant to the business.
- Complementary instructors!
- Well-structured disaster recovery techniques.
- Informative and good school of knowledge passed to attendees. An eye-opener to risk management approach in an organizations.
Our world is changing at an unprecedented pace. And the African landscape is changing rapidly especially due to the digital and mobile technology revolution. And with robust growth, adoption of technology and increased use of the internet and social media, comes the exposure to risk.
For a long time, Africa has had to manage crises. But for stable, sustainable growth to be possible, all successful economies must be able to plan for & manage risk.
The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) has identified this need and set up a compliance division named Risk Based Supervision (RBS).
In January 2005, Kenya issued risk management guidelines to State Corporations. Through their publication Mwongozo, the board is given the responsibility of ensuring that the organisations has adequate systems and processes of accountability, risk management & internal audits.
At Agano, we work to ensure that companies understand, identify and mitigate risks at an early stage. We do this by advancing top experts to work with a company and provide a 360-degree solution. We partner with businesses to create appropriate strategies that works! and helps implement it.
Our specialists analyse risk from an integrated perspective, exploring risk relationships within your organization to create a more sophisticated understanding of your company’s material risks.
We use our experience, best practices and standards to understand your business– operating environment, opportunities, developments and threats— to give you a suitable solution that fits your needs. We ensure we tell you something new and useful.
- In a highly regulated industry.
- Seeking to better understand and mitigate the risks it faces across the entire company.
- Wanting to benchmark and improve existing risk management arrangements.
- Looking to coordinate and formalise its risk management efforts across the firm.
- A proven process using global set standards to help you identify and assess material risks, develop specific mitigation strategies, and assess enterprise-wide technology platforms for ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- The ability to create a holistic, enterprise-wide risk aware culture, drawing upon Agano’s expertise in industry issues, risk analysis, analytics, organizational change, and risk technology.
- Knowledge and skills to transfer to staff and management. We will train staff on exposure or risk avoidance, loss prevention, loss reduction, and risk financing. We will also orient you on policy and strategy documents preparation and implementation.
Phone No. :
+254 101 915 260