Results-based monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is a powerful management tool that can be used to help policy and decision makers track progress and demonstrate the impact of a given project, programme, or policy. Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is an essential component of any intervention, project, or programme that provides assurance regarding expected outcomes. Unlike traditional implementation-focused M&E, results-based M&E moves beyond an emphasis on inputs and outputs to a greater focus on outcomes and impacts.
This course discusses the main components of a typical M&E system. The course aims at providing trainees with a clear overall picture of M&E is about; including appreciating key concepts and practices needed to tackle advanced topics.
- Understand what M&E entails and related terminologies;
Identify the key purposes and scope of M&E;
- Explain key M&E processes;
- Differentiate between monitoring functions and evaluation functions;
- Describe the functions of an M&E plan;
- Discuss how information can be used for decision making & how to analyze the information;
- Undertake M&E reporting and communication and demonstrate capacity to write reports;
- Communicate and present on M&E related aspects
- Participants will have a good understanding of M&E concepts and rocesses.
- They understand what M&E is, how it is implemented and why it is needed by an organization.
- They will appreciate the application of M&E to programmes, projects and results-based endeavours.
- Professionals interested in M&E in the public, private or non-governmental sector;
- Managers (including project and programme managers) and supervisors interested in effective management of their projects and programmes;
Students and people interested in a career in project management or monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Preferably university graduate or under-graduate
- Good command and understanding of English language
- No prior experience of project management is required, although this will be an advantage
- Dissemination and Use
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Communication strategies for M&E
- Use of reports
- Sustaining M&E in the organization
Understanding Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
• Results based M&E defined
• Factors to consider when setting up
• Integrating M&E in the Project Cycle
• Significance of M&E to a sales and marketing team
Designing Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
• Results framework
• Indicator development
- Components of M&E plan
- Data management
- Designing an evaluation: factors to consider; types of evaluation; Steps of conducting an evaluation-
- Budgeting for M&E systems: cost components of an M&E system; characteristics of M&E budgets
- Contracting M&E services: contracting arrangements; factors to consider when sourcing for M&E services
1100 (KES 130,000) for in-class training; $500 (KES 65,000) for online classes (NB: these charges do not include taxes).
Phone No. :
+254 101 915 260
- Very good delivery & presentation; very energetic & good knowledge of the subject. Excellent work!
- Complementary instructors! Superb for ease of understanding!
- Very practical and very relevant examples given
- Practical nature of the topics and its relevance to the business
- Excellent practical exercise on disaster recovery and crisis communications
- The course is important to our company