- This event has passed.
A-3 Business Continuity Management (BCM)
October 23 @ 8:00 am - October 27 @ 5:00 pm
Disasters are unpredictable! They happen!
Remember DUSIT2, GARISSA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE? How about WESTGATE?
Only organizations that are prepared to face disasters are likely to survive.
A-3 Business Continuity Management – Course Outline
4-Day Business Continuity Planning & Disaster Recovery Training
Business continuity management (BCM) is about ensuring continued business operations in the face of a disaster. It is essential for business survival. Proactively managing risks through business continuity planning (BCP) and disaster recovery planning (DRP), based on time-tested management processes, ensures sustainability. BCM ensures that your business will remain in operation in the most challenging times, such as unexpected occurrences. It ensures the protection of your personnel, continued essential business processes, and preservation of your reputation.
This course offers BCM concepts including business continuity, emergency management, crisis management, and business recovery. Participants will learn how to identify and define problems, plan, respond and recover from disasters. Attendees will further learn how to establish BCM systems in organizations based on global standards such as ISO 22301, ISO 31000, and ISO 27000.
Expose participants to existing and emerging practices in BCM, specifically:
- Examine the “why, what, when, how, and who” aspects of BCM
- Establish the relevance of BCM and BCM practices in an enterprise
- Develop practical steps towards BCM management systems in your enterprise
- Demonstrate how to plan, test, and implement business continuity and disaster recovery
|Why should you attend?||Who should attend?|
|· Understand the impact of disasters on businesses
· Appreciate the role of BCM as core to managing risk
· Know the required preparedness: the plans, the processes and the ongoing resilience
· Comprehend the roles & responsibilities of players for effective crisis response
· Realize how to recover from a crisis and how to ensure ongoing preparedness
|· Managers & operations personnel responsible for risk management, technology, human resources, administration and facilities
· Operations personnel responsible for BCP and DRP
· Officials of public and private sectors, as well as agencies concerned with BCM and crisis management
· Project managers
· Public relations and corporate communications managers
|Day One – 1||Day Two – 2|
|Concepts: Business Continuity Management; Emergence Preparedness; Crisis Management; Disaster Recovery
· Business Continuity Planning
· Emergency Planning & Crisis Management
· Disaster recovery planning
|BCM Best Practices – ISO Standards
· ISO 22301 BCM Standard & BCM
· ISO 31000 Risk Management & BCM
· ISO 27000 Info Protection standard & BCM
BCM: Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
|Day three – 3||Day Four – 4|
o Business Continuity Plans
o Crisis management plans
o Disaster recovery plans
· Business Continuity Plans
· Crisis management plans
· Disaster recovery plans
· Education & Awareness
|IN CLASS – $1100 (KES 90,000): Covers: 4-day workshop: morning tea-break snack, lunch, afternoon tea-break snack + learning material: presentation. ONLINE: $600 (KES 65,000).||· email@example.com
· Phone: +254 101 915 260
|Sample Participant Comments
Very good delivery & presentation; very energetic & good knowledge of the subject. Excellent work!
Complementary instructors! Superb for ease of understanding!
Very practical and very relevant examples given
|Sample Participant Comments
Practical nature of the topics and their relevance to the business
Excellent practical exercise on disaster recovery and crisis communications
The course is important to our company