- This event has passed.
A-16 Fraud Risk Management (FRM)
September 11 @ 5:00 am - September 14 @ 2:00 pm
No single entity (public or private) is immune to fraud!
Only those that are prepared can minimize the impact of fraud on their business!
Understand and manage fraud-related risks
4-Day Fraud Risk Management Training
All organizations, large and small, public and private face fraud-related risks. In the public sector, the report of Auditors General chronicles large losses of public resources. On the other hand, globally, organizations in the private sector lose not less than 5% of their revenues to fraud. The situation is exacerbated by the ubiquitous use of technology that speeds up fraudulent activities and leads to even higher losses.
Organizations need sound, comprehensive and proactive anti-fraud approaches. A risk-based approach would enable the effective use of resources in the prevention and detection of fraud, and commensurate responses. This approach requires fraud risk management: identification, quantification, mitigation and monitoring of fraud-related risks.
In this course, participants will learn the specifics of fraud and fraud risk management. They will understand the most common types of fraud such as manipulation of assets, financial statement fiddling, and corruption. The course will focus on how organizations can counter fraud as part of their risk management initiatives, including:
- Identifying, assessing and managing fraud-related risks;
- Entrenching fraud risk management culture in organizations;
- Developing systems of internal control that mitigate fraud risks;
- Responding to identified cases of fraud;
- Technology in fraud prevention, detection and response;
- Fraud investigations
|Why should you attend?||Who should attend?|
– Fraud risks, their causes and impacts;
– Risk management & its application to managing fraud;
– Development & implementation of fraud risk management programmes;
– Master success factors needed for effective fraud management;
– Appreciate the use of technology in fraud risk management
|– Governance, risk and compliance officers
– Managers (intermediate and senior)
– Fraud examiners & investigators;
– Auditors – internal and external;
– Accountants & financial analysts (intermediate & senior);
– Security officers
|Day One – 1||Day Two – 2|
Fraud, risk, fraud risk; why manage fraud risk; forms of fraud; roles and responsibilities in managing fraud risk
Fraud risk and the law
|Fraud Risk Management & Risk Management Frameworks
Fraud in the Context of Risk Management
Risk Management Frameworks; Fraud Risk Management Framework
ISO 31000 and Fraud Risk Management
Fraud Risk Governance, Policies & Guidelines
|Day three – 3||Day Four – 4|
|Fraud Risk Assessment, deterrence and control
– Fraud prevention and deterrence techniques;
– Risk Assessment & Control;
– Fraud detection methods and tools; and response
|Fraud in the Era of Technology
· Impact of technology on fraud
· Technology Use in Fraud Risk Management
· Frauds related to operational matters
 Refer to our calendar for scheduled dates; check www.aganoconsulting.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
 Also available for in-house training; contact us for terms and pricing.
 Note that the topics here are given only as a guide; instructors will gauge participant interests to tailor topics.